Cape Fear Paddleboarding, a division of WB Surf Camp is a completely family owned company, so we are funded only by our own achievements. The better we perform, the more we can fulfill our mission statement of environmental conservation. We also know that when it comes down to it – no matter what kind of difference we want to make as a company, and no matter how much you share those values – if our programs are not both educational and exciting, we’re not living up to our fullest potential.
There are no barriers to entry when applying for financial aid. One of our goals is to empower financially disadvantaged kids and teens by helping them experience physical accomplishment, become more environmentally conscious, assume leadership roles, and grow in self confidence. We strongly believe that all kids should have the chance to experience stand up paddleboarding and its connection towards coastal conservation. Some of our companies achievements to date have been:
- Award appox $30,000 in financial assistance to families in need every year.
- Offered full tuition waivers to any child cared for by the Cape Fear Guardian Ad Litem Association.
- Contribute over 1,000 hours of community service every year.
- Cleaned tons of trash from beaches all over the world.
- Gave free surf lessons to students in some of UNCW’s Non-Profit Summer Camps
- Conducted free surf clinics for UNCW’s Surfrider Club
- Conduct free surf and SUP clinics for the summer Sea Turtle Hospital interns.
- Gave free surf lessons for UNCW’s Beach Blast students
- Adopted several families through CFCC Foundation Holiday Helpers program
- Supported the endeavors of many social and environmental non-profit groups.
- Since our inception, we have also contributed to the efforts of the Karen Beasley Sea Turtle Hospital by donating a portion of each camper’s tuition directly to the hospital. To date we have donated $52,400.00 in cash.
We believe in integrating philanthropy into our company structure and have made giving back to social and environmental endeavors a fundamental part of our culture. Part of our company’s goal is to foster a sense of accomplishment through community giving. In the past, we have also given free or subsidized surf lessons to children with autism, the visually, hearing and physically impaired as well as a series of our Free Aloha Charity Surf Camps.
Our office staff and year round directors are each granted 10 hours of paid leave each year to volunteer for a nonprofit organization of their choice. Knowing that every little bit counts, among other things, this initiative has helped get firewood chopped to warm the homes of those who are struggling and meals prepared for those in need.
As we run programs in several locations around the world we believe that we should live with the land and it’s people.
- We buy and employ locally, hoping that our economic impact will sustain the communities we visit.
- Incorporate community service, focused mainly on environmental restoration projects.
- We also teach and practice proactive social and environmental polices to minimize our impact and foster a sense of family and respect.
We feel blessed for our careers and know that giving back is the right thing to do! When you select Cape Fear Paddleboarding, you support our efforts of trying making the world a better place one paddle at a time!