Getting ready for your SUP Adventure
We can’t wait to paddle out with you! Please review the following information to help you prepare for your lesson, tour, or fitness class. These details will ensure that you and your instructor have the best experience possible.
- Ensure that you have sent all of your required paperwork, or that you bring it with you the day of the lesson to give to your instructor.
- If you booked your lesson a few weeks in advance, then it’s a great idea to follow the Exercise Guide we sent you.
- Eat a light meal
- Drink plenty of water
- Apply sunscreen at least 30 minutes prior to the lesson time
- Plan to arrive early to find parking and your instructor
- Meet under the gazebo at Mott’s Channel Marina
Suggested items list:
- Arrive wearing your swimsuit, ready to hit the water
- Your signed Release of Liability forms
- Water Bottle
- Hat & Sunglasses
- Money for the parking meters (Ocean lesson only)
- For lessons from mid-October through April: A wetsuit and possibly gloves and booties to protect you from cool water temperatures. Please contact our SUP School Coordinator to arrange a wetsuit rental prior to your lesson: 910.686.9787
Directions to Cape Fear Paddleboarding SUP Launch:
Coming North on US-17 BUS/Market Street, turn right onto Eastwood Road/US-74E Continue on US-74E, crossing over the drawbridge onto the island Take the first right onto Keep Street by the Redix store Continue down Keep Street and park on the right side across from Atlantic Marine. Then walk over to the Gazebo at the Mott’s Marina. right
Need to know parking information
Park on the right side of Keel Street across from Atlantic Marine then walk right overt to the Mott’s Seafood parking lot parking lot to meet your instructor under the gazebo.
Ocean Lessons on Wrightsville Beach:
- $2.50 per hour
- If you park in one of the large lots at Wrightsville Beach, there are pay stations that accept cash and credit cards.
- If you park on the street, you will need change for the meters, or you can pay by phone.
- Parking is prorated, so you can purchase a ticket before 9am, and it will not start until 9am.
- For specific details on parking at Wrightsville Beach, please click here.
After your Lesson
- Be sure to stretch out when you get home. Paddling activates muscles that are infrequently used, so you might be a little sore the next day.
- Drink lots of water.
- Stop by our friends at SurfBerry and grab a Superfood Smoothie or Acai Bowl and enjoy the day!
If you have additional questions, please call us toll free at 1.866.421.WAVE, or visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.