Private Ocean SUP Lessons in Wrightsville Beach
One of the best things about Stand Up Paddleboarding is that when you get comfortable with flat water you can then take on the challenge of the open ocean. The ocean waters off Wrightsville Beach and Figure 8 Island are one of Southeastern North Carolina’s most beautiful natural resources.
Once you have learned the basics of stand up paddle boarding (not for beginners), we would love to teach you all aspects of riding waves. We cover all the tricky fundamentals as well as SUP surfing etiquette. This ocean lesson is guided with one of our top instructors and offers a very unique way to experience paddle boarding. Once we get you comfortable in the open ocean we can advance to paddling a downwinder. With some private instruction, you’ll be ready to embark on an exciting ocean SUP adventure!
Our private ocean lessons will teach you how to get out into the Atlantic and establish your sea legs. In these lessons, you will:
- Learn how to flow with the ocean’s currents, allowing the ocean to ebb and flow under your board
- How to safely enter and exit the surf zone
- Receive instruction on how to paddle up and over the ocean swells
- Learn how to read the waves
- Surf Zone Etiquette
- Gain a deeper appreciation for the ocean’s natural power and beauty
- Have an incredible time while safely pushing your limits